Monday, August 31, 2009

The Scarlet "W".

Photobucket
After a year my divorce was final I was now a free woman to walk the earth. I had recently attended my friends wedding and to my horror I found out I was the only single person there. Everywhere I turned I saw sneered faces of the female form of couples that were paired together at the ceremony. I didn't realize until later that I had walked into a shooting range of judgment. Single women all around the world have been getting a bad wrap since the dawn of time for just being alone. We wonder why this came to be? If you are not in a couple some how people believe you want to be. Which sparks a psycho paranoid feeling in certain women when in a relationship believe that everybody wants their mate.
Sometimes its a trust issue between two people from the result of being cheated on in a pervious or current relationship. When single words like "slut","shank" or "whore" are used to belittle and put us at bay from being noticed by anybody if given a chance. Being a threat can be taken in a whole new direction but can also be an ego boost for some. In order to live in this world with other non-single people the only way to survive is to grid your teeth and bear it. Never let them get you down and live your life the way you want to live it.